Participant Eligibilty Check
An 'Eligible' Job Seeker must:
• be at least 18 years of age
• be available to participate in NEIS Training
• be available to work full‐time in the proposed NEIS Business
• not an undischarged bankrupt
• not have received NEIS Assistance in the previous 1 year
Participants with a Disability
At New Hunter Business we will endeavour to facilitate training for participants with a disability in consultation with you and your Disability Network Provider.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact New Hunter Business so that we can check it for you.
Business Eligiblity Check
• your business must have an independent business structure
• your business must be lawful and capable of withstanding public scrutiny
• your business must be assessed as commercially viable by a NEIS provider
• your business must not already be operating on a commercial basis
• your business must be established, located and operated solely within Australia
• your business must be structured so that the person eligible for NEIS Assistance has and will maintain a controlling interest over the NEIS business for the duration of the person's NEIS participant agreement
Business Structure & Patnerships
Business structures such as partnerships and companies are permitted under the NEIS programme, but with certain restrictions. You should discuss these requirements with New Hunter Business.
Got a hobby that could be a business?
A small-scale business venture, such as, weekend market stalls and hobby activities are permitted. We will discuss your business activity and determine whether your current trading is carried out to supplement your income or if you are trading on a commercial basis.
How to Apply
For information on how to apply for NEIS please refer to the Applications page
For more information on NEIS Training click here.