Participant Eligibilty Check
An 'Eligible' Job Seeker must:
• be at least 18 years of age at the time of commencing NEIS Assistance and not converting to an age pension within the period of NEIS assistance
• be an active job seeker
• be available to participate in NEIS Training and work full‐time in the proposed NEIS Business
• not an undischarged bankrupt
• not have received NEIS Assistance in the previous three years
Participants with a Disability
At New Hunter Business we will endeavour to facilitate training for participants with a disability in consultation with you and your Disability Network Provider.
If you are unsure about your eligibility please contact New Hunter Business so that we can check it for you.
Business Eligiblity Check
• your business must be independent, reputable and lawful
• be assessed as commercially viable by a NEIS provider
• not be already operating on a commercial basis
• not compete directly with an existing business unless you demonstrate that there is an unsatisfied demand for your product or service or your product or service will be provided in a new way
• not involve the purchase or take-over of an existing business
• be established, located and operated solely in Australia.
Business Structure & Patnerships
Business structures such as partnerships and companies are permitted under the NEIS programme, but with certain restrictions. You should discuss these requirements with New Hunter Business.
Got a hobby that could be a business?
If you are currently operating on a hobby basis but would like to turn this into something more, please contact New Hunter Business to see how NEIS could help you.
How to Apply
For information on how to apply for NEIS please refer to the Applications page
For more information on NEIS Training click here.